Monday, February 13, 2012

a little delay

So, I was supposed to go for my first adjustment this past Saturday, and I couldn't believe how  much I was looking forward to it. At this point, it's just one adjustment closer to getting these damn things off. But of course on Wednesday my ortho's office called me and said they needed to push the appointment back two weeks. Unfortunately I go to school an hour and a half away from my hometown which means I can only see my doctor on Saturdays, which she is only there once a month for. So she changed her hours, meaning I have to wait until February 25th for my adjustment. That office infuriates me. If I didn't like my orthodontist so much I would straight up leave.

But life with braces is getting a little bit easier. I forget I have them a lot of the time. I just cannot wait for them to look a little bit better when my teeth are straighter. I went out with some friends this weekend and finally got over the closed-mouth smile thing, especially since I look SO STRANGE when I do it. All of my friends make fun of me for it, so I finally just embraced the brace and smiled for the camera. Here are a couple of shots:


Other than my metal mouth, my life is pretty crazy. As I've said a thousand times, I am in my last semester of school and I am so incredibly busy. I am taking a full load of courses and working two jobs, one of which is an internship I travel to twice a week from Philadelphia to New York. A lot of people think I'm crazy but I think it will end up being worth it.

I actually took the day off today to study for a HUGE law exam I have tomorrow, so I should probably stop procrastinating. Hoping all of your lives are wonderful.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment